The Principality of Monaco employed 57,867 people as of 31 December 2010, that is a 2.8 % increase with respect to the previous year.
|53,091||employees in the private sector||
Source: Monaco Social Funds
|4,776||employees in the public sector||
Source: Human Resources and Training Department
Source: Monaco Statistics
Before 2010, data was calculated by number of employees. Since 2011, it has been expressed for the private sector in ‘employee weighted average’ (representation of an employee which corresponds to the pro-rata of hours worked for various employers).
As at 31 December 2019, there were 4,776 people employed in Monaco's public service all administrative branches combined. The number of public service employees increased 1.6 % with respect to the previous year.
In December 2019, there were 53,091 employees in the Principality's private sector, that is an increase of 1,490 employees (+2.9 %) with respect to the previous year.
23% of employees work in the Scientific and technical activities, administrative and support services sector. It is the largest employer in the Principality.
- 14 September 2020 Barometer - Retail trade : July 2020
- 17 September 2020 Economy Bulletin 2nd quarter 2020
- 23 September 2020 Enquête ESPAD 2019 - Consommations de produits psychoactifs et usages sans substances chez les lycéens de Monaco
- 12 October 2020 Barometer - Retail trade : August 2020
- 20 October 2020 World Satistics Day