The Principality of Monaco employed 54,303 people as of 31 December 2017, which is an increase of 3.5%.
|49,693||employees in the private sector||
Source: Monaco Social Funds
|4,610||employees in the public sector||
Source: Human Resources and Training Department
Source: Monaco Statistics
Before 2010, data was calculated by number of employees. Since 2011, it has been expressed for the private sector in ‘employee weighted average’ (representation of an employee which corresponds to the pro-rata of hours worked for various employers).
As at 31 December 2017, there are 4 610 administrative officers and employees. It represents 8.5 % of the Principality employed population.
In December 2017, there are 49,693 employees in the Principality's private sector, wich equals an increase of 1 174 employees (+3.7%) compared to the previous year.
More than 21% of employees works in the Scientific and technical activities, administrative and support service sector. It is the first employer of the Principality.
- 24 April 2019 Scientific Council for Statistics and Economic Studies
- 26 April 2019 Monaco's official population update
- 30 April 2019 Focus : Public service
- 07 May 2019 Focus : Scientific and technical activities, administrative and support service
- 13 May 2019 Barometer - Retail trade : March 2019