The Principality of Monaco employed 55,919 people as of 31 December 2020, a decrease of 3.4%.
|51,008||employees in the private sector||
Source: Monaco Social Funds
|4,911||employees in the public sector||
Source: Human Resources and Training Department
Source: Monaco Statistics
Monaco’s civil service workforce has grown consistently since 2013 and stood at 4,911 people on 31 December 2020, an increase of 2.8% over the previous year and 16.0% larger than in 2013.
Given that 2020 was characterised by the COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on employment figures, in this Focus, Monaco Statistics has concentrated solely on employees considered to be “active”, that is, they have worked at least one hour. In December, there were 51,008 active employees working in the private sector in Monaco, a decline of 3.9% compared with 2019.
23.1% of employees work in the Scientific and technical activities, administrative and support services sector. It is the largest employer in the Principality.
- 21 June 2021 Observatoire mensuel des impacts de la crise sanitaire liée à la COVID-19 - Juin 2021
- 25 June 2021 "Monaco en Chiffres" 2021 edition
- 06 July 2021 Focus: Public Finances 2020
- 12 July 2021 Barometer - Retail trade: may 2021
- 20 July 2021 Focus: Temporary Employment