The Principality of Monaco employed 56,303 people as of 31 December 2018, that is a 3.7 % increase with respect to the previous year.
|51,601||employees in the private sector||
Source: Monaco Social Funds
|4,702||employees in the public sector||
Source: Human Resources and Training Department
Source: Monaco Statistics
Before 2010, data was calculated by number of employees. Since 2011, it has been expressed for the private sector in ‘employee weighted average’ (representation of an employee which corresponds to the pro-rata of hours worked for various employers).
As at 31 December 2018, there were 4,702 people employed in Monaco's public service all administrative branches combined. The number of public service employees increased 2 % with respect to the previous year.
In December 2018, there were 51,601 employees in the Principality's private sector, that is an increase of 1,907 employees (+3.8 %) with respect to the previous year.
Nearly 23% of employees work in the Scientific and technical activities, administrative and support services sector. It is the largest employer in the Principality.
- 19 December 2019 Focus : Accommodation and food service activities 2018
- 13 January 2020 Barometer - Retail trade : November 2019
- 31 January 2020 2019 Real-Estate Observatory
- 10 February 2020 Focus : Climate and meteorology
- 12 February 2020 Barometer - Retail trade : December 2019