Focus : Retail trade
Revenue in the retail trade sector reached €1.7 billion in 2019, its highest ever level. Retail trade accounts for 11.5% of the Principality’s total revenue, excluding financial and insurance activities and is the fourth largest sector behind construction.
The number of employees increased (+2.0%), while the number of employers fell (-0.2%) compared with the previous year. The number of businesses remained stable at around 800, accounting for 8.1% of businesses in the Principality.
Retail trade is the eighth highest contributor to GDP, at more than €357 million.
For further information download Focus: Retail trade.
- 21 June 2021 Observatoire mensuel des impacts de la crise sanitaire liée à la COVID-19 - Juin 2021
- 25 June 2021 "Monaco en Chiffres" 2021 edition
- 06 July 2021 Focus: Public Finances 2020
- 12 July 2021 Barometer - Retail trade: may 2021
- 20 July 2021 Focus: Temporary Employment