Focus : Accommodation and food service activities 2020
Accommodation and food service activities were hit hard by the COVID-19 pandemic. Numerous measures, including partial opening of restaurants, the closure of bars and restrictions on global travel all had a negative impact on this major economic sector (MES) in 2020. The sector received the highest levels of state support. Revenue almost halved (-48%) compared with the previous year (a decline of more than €387 million). The sector includes 298 businesses, of which 283 are engaged in food service activities. There are 169 employers, employing 7,215 employees. The majority of employees (76.1%) work in hotels.
For further information download Focus: Accommodation and food service activities 2020.
- 27 September 2021 Observatoire mensuel des impacts de la crise sanitaire liée à la Covid-19 - Septembre 2021
- 28 September 2021 Focus: Wholesale Trade
- 30 September 2021 Rapport complémentaire ESPAD 2019
- 05 October 2021 Focus : Industry
- 12 October 2021 Barometer - Retail trade: august 2021